Sunday, September 12, 2010

Anti-




Anti-, the online brainchild of Stephen D. Schroeder, A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz, Kristin Sumner, Brent Goodman, Aaron Anstett, Jill Alexander Essbaum, Suzanne Frischkorn, Hannah Craig & A. D. Thomas, is a magazine that publishes work which is contrarian, working to break the conventions of traditional poetry. I'm perhaps too orthodox on my own to be thought of as "non-traditional." But, when I work in collaboration with Ryan Courtwright, the notion of what's acceptable on the page doesn't even apply. Together, we make a third voice, and we give more permission to that voice than we would perhaps give ourselves. At least as far as what we'd be overheard saying in public. Click here to read our "Blow by Blow" and "That Would Be in the Butt Bob." A new age demands a new set of principles. While we're waiting for those to happen, we're writing whatever the hell we like.

anti-poetry.com/feature50/

1 comment:

  1. Man, those two poems hit me from out of nowhere. I wasn't sure what to expect, but every line was high octane poetry, and made me realize I've been idling in the commuter lane for a few months now.

    I love the site and the idea behind it. I've submitted to sites before and got the typical "We think your poetry is exciting...but not for us." Then, they fill their pages with more poems about trees and stars...glug...I just gagged.

    ReplyDelete